Sunday, October 7, 2012

Kick me!


So ive been patiently waiting for our little beaner to start kicking me!  Im hanging to feel him/her :)
im 17 weeks, 2 days so it should be any day now.. i hope!
I love rubbing my belly.  Sometimes i dont even realise im doing it!  Its like im slowly getting more and more maternal.  Who would have thought! ;)

I had my first OB appointment on Tuesday 25th Sep.  It was really exciting!  My OB is really nice, her name is Natalia Khomko.  Ive got to hear the babys heartbeat too which is absolutely LOVE!  There is nothing more exciting than hearing that voom voom voom voom voom inside my belly.  Its still so surreal so i have to control my laughter!!  I wish i could take that doppler device home so i could hear it whenever i wanted!  We also spoke about some of my concerns, she answered a lot of questions too which was great.  Its hard because especially as a first time mum i have a lot of concerns and questions and the only person i really feel comfortable talking about them too are my husband and my OB because everyone else has an opinion and sometimes your left to feel like "one of THOSE pregnant women", a paranoid freak!  Im not afraid to voice my concerns but it does make it confusing when you have 6 different opinions from 6 different types of people - mums, not mums, grand parents, men .... so its best for me to just get comfortable with my OB and let them think im the paranoid freak but know that those are my worries.  at least that way she can reassure me and i will feel at ease because its her job!  Im also happy i decided to go private with this birth.  It is a lot of money that we will be out of pocket, but i feel at ease knowing that im seeing the same OB throughout my pregnancy and i will be in a private hospital where my needs will be put first.  I do understand that you can have bad experiences with both public and private, i know im not guaranteed to have my OB deliver my baby but i do know that it will be one of the 5 OBs at that clinic - who i will get to know throughout the course of my pregnancy.  Everybody has their own preference and everybody has their opinion so its a totally personal thing.

Last week was my 27th birthday.  26 sounds so much younger compared to 27!  Getting older sucks... but i should enjoy my 20s because i only have a few more years of them!  I had a great day, the weather was a beautiful, warm 27 degrees.  I was greeted in the morning with 4 cupcakes from Kim at work, then we had lunch together with another workmate Ren, then Eben and I went to dinner at one of my favourite restaurants Supermaxi.  It was nice to have all the family over for coffee and cake.  I got to show them the little beaners video ultrasound!

Today we had our friend Staceys baby shower.  I am still so full from eating lots of food and its past 10pm!  It dawned on me as I was getting ready to go that i too would get to have a baby shower.  I dont know i guess i hadnt thought of it but i got really excited!  When i got home from the baby shower i went on etsy and looked at the cutest invites and i think i know what month ill try and plan to have it for.  I think its safe to say im getting into the whole "pregnant" thing now ;)  Stacey got a great gift today which i think would be great top have.  its a teddy bear that has a knob you can switch on which makes the sound the baby hears when inside your womb!  CRAZY!  Its called Mommy bear with womb sound. Its really cool!!
 Its exciting for me and for eben, but most of all im excited for my baby!  Im excited to have a shower to celebrate and show off my baby even though he/she will still be in my belly!  Im already a proud mum :)

I like the thought of seeing my husband hold our child, and even though i can only imagine it at this stage, it makes me fall more in love with him.  I know, without a doubt, that he will be an incredible father.  He has always said to me that he hopes to be at least half the man his dad is.  He looks up to his Dad so much.

The thought of my parents holding and playing with our baby makes me smile, almost laugh!  The smile is obvious, because im happy at the thought, and its heart warming, but the laugh is because its ME, Dannii ... their silly daughter who is one of the dags of the family!  The one who used to make her own exercise videos with my dogs .... the one who made mum a paper crafts colage on her honeymoon .... well we all have to grow up!  I dont know how different i will be though... im pretty sure i'll be the same old me.  Somethings will obviously change, but who i am will not.  i AM the dag, and im somewhat proud of it!

Well i need to get to bed so that will have to do it for tonight.
I leave you with a 17 week belly shot!




1 comment:

  1. you are adorable noonie! i first felt avery kick at 17 weeks 2 days! and i totally agree with you that 27 suddenly sounds way older than 26 - it's like we've crossed into new grown up territory! you and e.j.b. are going to make wonderful parents and we're so excited for you!!! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete