Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Im Back!

So Ive come back from LA and Mexico and I loved every minute of it!!  Mum and I were away for 2 weeks, which i thought would fly by but in fact it felt like a great 2 week getaway.  It didnt drag but it felt like a solid two weeks.  I think it was because we made use of our time, especially at the workshop, I was always doing something.  While I was at the workshop, Mum flew into Vegas and met up with her friends that happened to be there at the same time.
I loved being in LA!  It was so SO fun!  Too much shopping but a nice relaxing place to just hang out, eat and shop - who wouldnt love that?!  Mum and I would get up between 9.30-10.30am each day and just take our time getting ready, then have something to eat, go walking the streets, shop a little , eat some more and that was pretty much our LA time!  The point of me being in LA was to relax and recover from the long flight - which I did!  It was great that Mum was there because Im not sure how i would have handled all the lifting... of my shopping bags .... no , no just kidding!  She was great to have around for some company and just someone to chit chat too!  Oh and she was great at holding all the bags too ;)

I was so nervous about going to Mexico.  I could hardly sleep the night before my flight.  It turns out that it was one of the best experiences of my life.  no exaggeration. I learnt so much from those few days with such talented and kind people.  Im pretty sure i have made friends for a lifetime :)
Being surrounded by all that beauty wasnt so bad either.  The place where we stayed was called Hacienda El Carmen in Jalisco, Mexico.  You should google it, its pretty amazing!  The staff there were so wonderful, they especially looked out for me because Im pregnant.  It was a nice feeling :)
We had a solid schedule so it did catch up with me on the 2nd last day.  We had a great day of classes and then quite a few hours of shooting at another Hacienda in the area.  I guess i didnt feel anything at the time, but i was on my feet for a long time, I didnt drink enough water and I was lifting my heavy photography bag like it weighed nothing.  Later that night I could feel a little cramping but didnt pay too much attention to it because i thought it was just pee pains!  I was sitting at the dinner table and everyone was around laughing and drinking - they all got into those tasty margaritas while i sipped my lime juice... still tasty though!  Anyway I was feeling super exhausted and new i needed to have an early night, but i ignored it because the conversations we were having were too much fun!  I mean, when was I ever going to be in this situation again!  So midnight rolled around and everyone staggered off to bed.  I rang Eben to say goodnight, telling him about my stomach pains but brushing it off saying that all i needed was sleep.  Well at 4am i woke up with pretty strong cramp pains in my belly.  I was SO scared.  I didnt know what to do or who to tell... it was 4am and everyone was passed out from all the drinking!  I called Eben and we both thought it was a good idea for me to contact my Obstetrician in Melbourne to see what was best.  I got through and she told me to drink lots of water and make sure I saw a doctor within the next 6 hours because i could have an urine infection and if it was that i needed antibiotics or i could risk going into premature labour.  well..... that scared the CRAPOLA out of me!!  I was crying and shaky... I was in the middle of nowhere... in Mexico..... without my husband!  Anyway long story short I knew i had to just get some sleep.  I did drink lots of water and i think that helped a little because i peed quite a bit within that hour... the pain did subside a little but i hadnt felt a kick since around 10pm the night before.  I slept in a little and when i woke up I tried to stay calm and so I had a shower, got dressed and went to find Lacie or Nancy so I could see if they could get a doctor to come out. I was walking toward the dining area - knowing that everyone would be in class by now - and saw Kate walking toward me, all she had to do was ask if I was okay and BOOM the water works started!!  She went and found Lacie and Nancy and thankfully a doctor was only 20minutes away.  In between that time Lacie made me eat some breakfast and drink some juice.  It helped calm me with her by my side and Mindy talking to me and telling me about her pregnancy.  It was nice to have a voice of reason instead of my own mind racing into the worst possible thoughts.  Just before the doc came i felt a kick!  It was the BEST FEELING EVER!  While he was examining me I was getting multiple kicks! Here, there and everywhere!  I felt like crying!  I held myself together and let the doc finish his examination.  All was well with me and my little beaner!  The doctor agreed with what I was thinking and told me that I had probably over did it the day before.  I was so happy to know that nothing serious was wrong and that I had to take better care of myself and my baby.  I needed to drink lots of water and just sit down every once and a while!  There was another scare when I was in LA with my mum ... but i cant be bothered writing that out too.  Basically I woke up at 4am with SEVERE back pain!  It was pretty intense..... I called the OB again and they told me to take it easy, drink lots of water and see how I go.  Not much they can do from the other side of the world!  The next day i tried to relax a bit but it was our last day so i knew i had a 14hr flight to sit and relax... anyway all ended up being okay!
WOW That was a long story .... anyway all is well with bub and I!  Today Eben and I went to see the OB and i got all checked out, even got to see our beaner on the ultrasound machine!!!  Its the best :)

OHHHH and guess what .... Eben felt his first kick the other day!!  It was the day I arrived back in melbourne.  While I was away the baby started to kick me more and more so I knew when I came back home eben would feel something.  Well I was right!  He felt about 6 kicks in a row!  Active little bugger.

anyway i thought i would leave you with some belly pics from my time away.  Enjoy :)

21 weeks on Rodeo drive
Add caption

whose that fatty in the mirror!

i love this 22 weeks belly shot by Kate Holstein!

The talented Karina Puentas did a drawing of me!
22weeks - Mexico



Thanks for taking these Haley a.ka Alaska ;)
lying on the bed in LA just staring at my growing belly.  Its amazing that you can actually SEE when the baby kicks now!

23 week belly shot


big belly




1 comment:

  1. I miss you! Love the baby blog! Make sure you print and frame the sunset shot Kate took!
    xoxoxxoo,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete