Tuesday, December 11, 2012

which is the right choice for MY baby?!

So i was in Baby Bunting (an all things baby store) on Sunday and my goodness.... I got so overwhelmed!  I actually felt like crying!  Why?  Well there are so many choices to make and I have no idea which is the right one!  I looked at prams and I think I stood there for a good 10 minutes, eyes glazed, looking at the gazzilion choices in front of me!  How do i know if 3 wheels or 4 wheels is best for me?!  How do i know if I should have the seat facing me or facing away?!  How do I know whether I want plastic wheels, rubber or foam filled?!?!!  When I asked the lady for help (because my Mum was no help either - I guess it has been almost 20yrs since her last) she asked me all these questions and I just stood there shaking my head.  I said how do I know whats best?  She just said "Its personal preference."  WHAT?!  Ive never had a baby before so I dont know which I prefer or which is BEST.  Im so, so confused and terrified of making the wrong choice. 

Sorry if i sound like a whiny teenager, but its just so hard!  I know whatever I pick will be fine ... i guess... I just want to make sure I've made the right choices for my child. 

Ive also noticed that prams, cots (cribs for you americans) , change tables and all the other stuff you NEED is super duper expensive!   We dont really use craigslist here but we have something similar called Gumtree.  Ive been looking for a used cot and change table on there and ive had luck!  Im yet to see it in person but I plan on doing so soon.  They're both wooden, the same colour and in great condition!  The only thing is the cot has minor teeth marks, but who cares!  Its $300 for both which is a great deal considering they range from $500-600 alone for the cot. 

Tomorrow I am 27 weeks - Third Trimester!!  Crazy!  The baby kicks me all day long, especially after I eat something sweet and he/she moves around a lot right before bed.  I guess he is trying to find a comfortable position to spend the night.

I've been feeling quite a bit of pain in my belly lately too.  I just cant imagine how my belly is going to stretch anymore!!!  Its so tight and my belly button looks like its flat!  I get this sharp pain to the right of my belly button when i drink or eat too much, which I'll discuss with my OB but im pretty sure its all just growing pains!  My ligaments and muscles are all freakin out!  I shouldnt complain too much, I do love being pregnant.  The kicks are cute reminders of the miracle that is growing inside me.  Not to mention you get gentle smiles, people are patient with you, they also make way for you.. its just ... nice!  I also think my husband should be giving me regular back rubs - this is not happening.  Kathy... maybe you can have a stern word with him.  After all I am carrying his baby!  I keep reminding him that I am the one that has to push this kid out - which will not be all that pleasant or painless so he needs to give me sympathy for ANY pains I have at ALL times!  Fair?????

1 comment: